The February 28, issue # 526, of the Ohio BEEF Cattle letter is now posted to the web at: http://fairfield.osu.edu/ag/beef/beefFeby28.html
Weather over the past month has created some extraordinary nutritional challenges for cattlemen . . . especially those with cows that are calving right now. This week, Rory Lewandowski offers some thoughts on nutritional considerations for early lactation.
Articles this week include:
* Early Lactation Considerations
* $4 Corn…What about Barley?
* Cattle Lice Thrive Through Winter; Plan Treatment
* Good Bull Buying Rests on Knowing Your Cattle
* Forage Focus: Beginners Managed Grazing School is Set
* Weekly Roberts Agricultural Commodity Market Report
Program Assistant, Agriculture
OSU Extension, Fairfield County
831 College Ave., Suite D
Lancaster, OH 43130